Supporting our local communities
Finders Keepers is keen to be part of the local community and help support and sponsor several events. In addition every other year we support a charity which is voted by our staff.
Charity of the Year
Most recently, we supported the British Heart Foundation and each office took part in some way, whether raising money by vouching not to eat chocolate for a month, running a half marathon or working in one of the their shops to help out. Full details can be found here.
Previously we have chosen to support Maggie’s and their cancer caring centres, which was a great success, with each office taking part through collections, sponsored cycle rides across the Cotswolds, donating a day’s rent and Christmas markets and auctions.
We have also worked with BOB Air Ambulance and Sobell House Hospice.
Across our offices we have sponsored and contributed to our communities in the following ways.
- Recent examples include taking part in the Windmill Primary School Joke book and contributing to their Autumn Fair (ran a competition and provided prizes).We also sponsored and attended the Summer BBQ
- Our Witney team has supported the Bladon School Summer BBQ and Christmas fair over the last few years
- In Summertown we sponsor and donate towards the Dragon Christmas fair, which raises money for charity
- Other primary schools which we support include Wolvercote and St Barnabas primary school
- Sponsorship of sports clubs such as Morgan Stanley rugby in East Oxford and Oxford Ladies netball club in North Oxford
- Following our move back to Headington, we are supporting the Silver Joggers (a over 50’s jogging club)
- Sponsorship of the Oxford City & County Bowls Club
- Our Abingdon team sponsors the Didcot Town under-11s kit and supports the Oxford Mail Youth Football League
- Sponsorship and presentation of the trophy annually at the Abingdon Vale swimming gala at the White Horse Leisure Centre
- Supporting the Blenheim Junior Rowing Regatta
- Helping with the promotion of the Stratton Audley food, beer and music festival as well as the Marsh Gibbon Summer Fete
- Raising money and supporting Royal British Legion at the Christmas lights through our Bicester and Abingdon branches
- Involvement with the Kirtlington and Marsh Gibbon fetes donating sponsorship money and prizes for the raffle
- The Central Oxford team has heavy involvement with the West Oxford Community, taking part in the Summer Fun Day and the Christmas market
- Sponsoring Bloxfest, a music festival in Bloxham, BoPeep Cider Festival & sponsoring a tree at their Christmas festival which is an annual event in Adderbury
- Sponsorship of Northend and Combe Open Gardens
- Made donations and attended the Carterton Summer fete and Filkins Christmas Fair for the charity Save The Children
- Sponsored the Witney Carnival
- Sponsorship of Arts week in Oxford and Summertown Christmas lights
- Helping Summertown library with admin and replacing a bench in their garden
- Bicester Hunt and Ascott Under Wychwood Horse Trials sponsorship
- Attending the Headington Festival
- We have a link with the Abingdon Chamber of commerce, whereby they can arrange access to our ‘boardroom’ for training and meeting purposes