Charity of the Year 2017 Sobell House
Finders Keepers is delighted that our team voted our Charity of the Year for 2017 as the locally-based hospice Sobell House. We are pleased to be working with Sobell House Hospice again, having supported them in 2009. The hospice serves residents of Oxfordshire, offering physical, psychological, social and spiritual care to those facing life threatening illness, death and bereavement. Their aim is to raise £2million over the next three years to help them:
- Extend the site: they will build and re-configure the existing site to allow for better, tailored care
- Provide care in hospitals: get appropriate care/support for patients who require end of life care in hospitals
- In the community: helping people with palliative care at home by having Sobell Nurses supporting patients
We hope to raise lots of money to help them towards their goal. Our main fundraising events in 2017 are:
1. Oxford Fun Run, 6th May 2017
A 5km event around University Parks for runners, walkers and wheelchair users. We entered a team of participants and also sponsored the Family Trophy. Read more here.
2. Static bike challenge, 9th June 2017
Our workplace challenge! Our team kept the pedals spinning on a static bike outside our Summertown office for 4 hours. Passers-by could support by guessing how many miles our team travelled (the winner was awarded a Fortnum and Mason savoury hamper).
3. Bake a difference across all offices, 9th June 2017
On the same day as our bike challenge in Summertown all of our offices hosted a bake sale. Anyone would pop into any of our offices across the county to purchase delicious cakes and cookies and help raise funds. Read more here.
4. Posh Dogs, 4th August 2017
One of our team members in our North Oxford office organised a 'posh dogs' lunch one Friday afternoon, and donated all proceeds to Sobell House.
5. Gardening, 26th September 2017
A small team from different offices helped with gardening on-site at Sobell House Hospice. All the plants they dug up (in preparation for the remodelling of the building) were then sold in a plant sale to raise further funds.
6. Bucket Collection, 6th October 2017
Our team manned a bucket collection at Sainsbury's Heyford Hill for six hours. They were delighted and humbled by the number of people who donated as they arrived or left the supermarket and we were all stunned that they raised over £800!
6. Bake Sale, 7th October 2017
One of our team members held a bake sale with friends at her local leisure centre in Abingdon. An oxymoron you might think, but it was incredibly popular and they sold out in 1.5 hours.
7. Oxford Half Marathon, 8th October 2017
One of our team members from our Bicester office ran the 13.1 mile route around beautiful Oxford, starting in the city centre and following a route that showcased everything great about Oxford.
|Headington Festival Hamper Raffle||£155.76|
|Static Bike Challenge||£190.52|
|Bake a Difference||£708.54|
|Oxford Half Marathon||£260.00|