Renting Student Property in Oxford
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER NOW
We will launch our properties on Monday 29th November 2021, but we will not be opening our office, so please do not queue outside.
BEFORE 29th NOVEMBER
Get your group together and register
- Each applicant needs to register before the 29th November. Click here to fill your details out now (hosted in Survey Monkey)
- Decide who you want to live with and agree which area of Oxford you would like to rent in and your budget for rent
- Ensure your housemates have also registered by using the link above
- Nominate a 'lead tenant' - all tenants remain jointly and severally liable, but a lead tenant is required for administration purposes:
- We can only allow one applicant from your group at a viewing
- If you apply for one of our properties, we can only accept one payment for a holding deposit
- If you move into one of our properties, we will collect rent from one account
- Again, this 'lead tenant' will be no more responsible for the property or paying the rent as your tenancy agreement means you are all joint and severally liable. This means even if someone leaves, you are all legally responsible for all of the rent - not just your own portion of it.
FROM 29th NOVEMBER
This year we will be launching properties in phases:
- Mon 29th Nov: 6+ bedroom properties
- Tue 30th Nov: 5+ bedroom properties
- Wed 1st-Fri 3rd Dec: 4+ bedroom properties
- Mon 6th Dec: 3+ bedrooms+ properties
1. Search online the night before
The properties (including video tours) will be launched exclusively on www.finders.co.uk the evening before you can enquire about them. We recommend that, within your group, you create a shortlist of properties, bearing in mind that your favourite may have been let by the time we call you back.
2. Request a call back
You can request a call back from 8am on the morning that the properties launch, and you will be called back in time order. Please do not send multiple enquiries as you will simply delay the process for everyone.
3. Answer our call!
Our team will call back enquiries received from 8am, and they will call back in order. Please answer the phone if you are being called from an unknown number. We will try you twice before moving on to the next applicant.
4. Rent from the video or book a viewing
Our properties have full descriptions, photos, video tours, floor plans and EPCs available online. We would encourage you to rent from these rather than booking physical viewings at this time. We are able to book physical viewings (only one applicant per group at this time), but this is done on the understanding that if another group wants to rent the property from a video tour before you view, then you will miss out.
ONLY ENQUIRIES FOR RELEVANT PROPERTIES WILL BE RESPONDED TO.
AFTER 29th NOVEMBER
Applying for a property
- A refundable holding deposit must be paid upon application - see our Guide to Renting for the circumstances under which the deposit may be retained
- Each applicant must complete a declaration form (this will be emailed to you)
- Each applicant must supply the appropriate Right to Rent documents
- Each applicant will need to have a guarantor (usually a parent); the guarantor must give their consent by completing our form
We are here to help. If you have any questions before The Launch, just email email@example.com or call 01865 260111 and we'll be happy to talk you through them.
The FKSL Team