Renting Student Property in Oxford
New Process for 2020
We have lots of properties for you to choose from; studios and one bedroom apartments right through to nine bedroom townhouses, but the launch of student properties will be different in 2020.
We will not open the office (no queueing ahead of the 17th November, please!) and will launch by telephone instead. In order to make this run as smoothly as possible, you will be able to preview all properties online from early November.
Please follow this new process for 2020:
Get your group together
- Each applicant needs to register before the 17th November date. Click here to fill your details out now (hosted in SurveyMonkey)
- Decide who you want to live with and ensure they have also registered by using the link above
- You will need to nominate a 'lead tenant' - all tenants remain jointly and severally liable, but a lead tenant is required for administration purposes:
- This year we can only allow one applicant from your group at a viewing
- If you apply for one of our properties, we can only accept one payment for a holding deposit
- If you move into one of our properties, we will collect rent from one account
- Again, this 'lead tenant' will be no more responsible for the property or paying the rent as your tenancy agreement means you are all joint and severally liable. This means even if someone leaves, you are all legally responsible for all of the rent - not just your own portion of it.
Shortlist THREE properties
- Once you know who you want to live with, you know how many bedrooms you need - you also need to agree your budget for rent and your preferred area of Oxford
- Preview properties on our website and watch the video tours to shortlist a maximum of three properties your group is interested in
- You may have heard that in the past students queued down the street before launch day - we cannot open our office to hundreds of students this year, so the launch will be done remotely
- Our phone lines will open on 17th November for the purpose of booking viewings, which will take place the following week
Viewing properties - EDITED FOLLOWING NATIONAL LOCKDOWN
- As mentioned above, only the lead tenant can attend the physical viewing on behalf of your group this year
- You must view with a Finders Keepers agent, so do not knock on the doors of any of our properties
- Safety is the most important thing and we will be strictly adhering to recommended safety guidelines. Please ensure you read our detailed guide prior to your appointment, which will provide you with a clear understanding of the steps we ask you to take to ensure your viewing will be carried out safely
- EDIT: If the whole group agrees that they are comfortable applying for a property based solely on the information provided online, including any video tour, then please let us know this when you contact us on the 17th November.
Applying for a property
- A refundable holding deposit must be paid upon application - see our Guide to Renting for the circumstances under which the deposit may be retained
- Each applicant must complete a declaration form (this will be emailed to you)
- Each applicant must supply the appropriate Right to Rent documents
We are here to help. If you have any questions, just email email@example.com or call 01865 260111 and we'll be happy to talk you through them.