Flood Warnings Across Oxfordshire
*UPDATE 8am Tuesday 27th November: We have had confirmation from our Witney team that the river Windrush has lowered by approximately 6 inches *
The River Thames is rising… (see the picture above taken at 3pm today). We have received lots of calls and emails to our Property Managers about the flood warnings in Oxfordshire. If you would like to check the status of your local area, see the Environment Agency website for the South East here.
If you live in any of the areas affected, and if you feel you might be at risk, the Environment Agency’s advice is:
- If it’s safe to do so, block doors with flood boards or sandbags and cover airbricks and other ventilation holes.
- If you are caught in a flash flood, get to higher ground. Stay away from flood water and don’t take risks.
- Move family, pets and valuables to a safe place.
- Keep a flood kit ready including a torch, batteries, fully charged mobile phone, warm clothes, water, food and any prescription medicines you may need.
- If it’s safe, make sure your neighbours are aware of the situation and offer help to anyone who may need it.
- Avoid walking, cycling or driving through flood water.
- Turn off gas, electricity and water if your property is about to flood. Never touch an electrical switch if you are standing in water.
To keep up to date, you can also call Floodline on 0845 988 1188 and enter Quickdial number 171184 for more information.