The snow doesn’t stop us letting
A hectic week before Christmas ended up being highly productive thanks, in most part, to our excellent contractors.
It was business as usual and unusual.
By ‘usual’ we mean that the appalling weather didn’t stop us letting homes and connecting good applicants with houses to rent in Oxfordshire.
- Our North Oxford office let 5 properties, including a fantastic chic Jericho apartment marketed at £2200pcm
- Our Abingdon office braved the snowy lanes and secured 3 lets
- Our East Oxford office negotiated 2 new tenancies despite most applicants being unable to travel to their booked viewings
By ‘unusual’ we mean the weather and its associated effects:
- Our North Oxford office had 14 calls regarding frozen pipes on Monday morning
- Our Witney office were hit hard by the snow and could only walk to viewings
- Some villages were effectively cut off for 24 to 48 hours
- One or two of our regular heating engineers were themselves stuck unable to drive
That said, everyone rallied around to fix all the heating issues and give advice on frozen pipes where action was impossible (just don’t turn off your heating if you go away on holiday….)
The cheekiest call of the week?
The tenants who phoned up to ask us to clear their driveway of snow! You have to give them credit for bravado.
We open again a week on Tuesday 4th January. See you then and Happy New Year in the meantime.