Fundraising for local charities
We have supported various charities throughout the years. In the past it had been a bit disconnected - a small donation here, a collection bucket there. In 2009 the decision was made to centralise our charity sponsorship in order to pool all of our resources. In order to gain support from our teams, they are fully involved in selecting which charities to support.
Since 2009, our people have raised over £81K for various local charities including Sobell House Hospice, Maggie's Cancer Caring Centre and Oxford Children's Hospital. As well as taking part in the charity's events we have also organised our own and volunteered our time.
- Collection buckets at supermarkets: a simple but effective way of fundraising for a charity
- Bake sales: we have some pretty expert bakers in our midst and our bake sales always raise hundreds of pounds
- Walking challenges: we've taken part in Sobell's Moonlight Stroll and Maggie's Culture Crawl over the years and even organised our own Cotswolds hike
- Running challenges: the OX5RUN, Rotary Club of Oxford Fun Run, Paris Marathon, Blenheim 10k, Oxford Half…Team FK loves to run!
- Cycling challenges: we organised a Maggie's to Maggie's event, travelling 45 miles from the Cheltenham centre to the Oxford centre by bicycle and also held a static bike challenge at the front of our Summertown office
- Quizzes: a great opportunity for anyone to get involved. Combined with a raffle, these events have raised impressive amounts.
- Online auction: thanks to the generosity of local businesses, we have been able to auction off some amazing prizes over the years
- Skydive: not for the faint-hearted!
- Clay target shoot: a great opportunity for experiences shooters or those who wanted to 'have a go' " all raising money for charity
- Volunteering time: from helping out in a charity's shops to manning a water stand at the Oxford Half or doing some gardening " it's not always about raising money.
It's not all down to our people though. Our landlords have helped hugely over the years by agreeing to take part in our "Donate a day's rent" campaign. We dealt with all the admin if they kindly agreed to donate, and it has raised tens of thousands of pounds over the years.