In 2019 we formed our Green Committee, made up of a representative from each of our offices. Regular meetings enabled them to discuss ideas for making our processes and practices more environmentally friendly. Ideas were talked through and prioritised in terms of short-, medium- and long-term goals.
The Green Committee has already had a good impact, educating our team and introducing greener changes. Here are some of the changes we have made recently:
· We recycle more. We now have proper recycling bins in all of our offices, including separate bins for crisp packets.
· Saving paper. All computers are set to double print by default.
· Reduce single use plastic. We have removed plastic cups from our offices and we have joined the Refill campaign. [hyperlink]
· Supported Earth Day. We reduced our plastic waste by bringing in home-made lunches, rather than buying packaged products. We also had teams litter picking for an hour around each of our eight offices.
· Saving energy. We save energy where possible by turning lights off when not in use.
· Providing alternatives. We have provided our people with wooden pencils as an alternative to plastic pens, which are thrown away once the ink has been used up.
We continue to look into more ways to help the environment, including educating tenants and landlords on ways to be more environmentally friendly in their properties and when they move out (recycling unwanted furniture etc).