Corporate Social Responsibility
Behind the Scenes of our Charity of the Year 2019
Finders Keepers is delighted to announce that we have chosen Oxford Children's Hospital Charity as our official charity partner for 2019. The new partnership will run throughout the year and we hope to raise £10,000 for the Oxford Children's Hospital, which is based at the John Radcliffe Hospital. We're already halfway through the year and on track to hit this target thanks to our team's achievements:
The Oxford Children's Hospital Charity funds the best medical equipment, research, training and facilities for both patients and staff at the hospital. The ward itself is a very bright and happy place, built around the needs of children and their families, with indoor and outdoor play areas, sensory rooms and even a school on-site " all thanks to the support of the local community. They rely on donations from the community to continue to transform the care they offer to their young patients. For example, their 10th Anniversary £2 Million Appeal which ran in 2017 is helping to fund new parents' accommodation, as well as the very best patient monitor systems, microbiology equipment to quickly diagnose meningitis, and improved play areas.
Our people have been superb in their enthusiasm for the Children's Hospital, volunteering for bake sales, bucket collections, skydives and the OX5RUN already this year.
- OX5 RUN: This annual event is a five mile run around the beautiful grounds of Blenheim Palace and the glorious spring weather really helped to make this a special event this year. Our Central Oxford Office Manager, Sarah Carroll, is a keen runner and, having taken part last year, was eager to set up a team for 2019. The result was more than 30 people - and six dogs - joining TeamFK to walk or run the course and together we raised £3,590.
- Bake sale: Our budding bakers across our eight offices do like to hold bake sales " whether they sell to the public or to their sweet-toothed colleagues! We held the first bake sale in March which raised over £240 towards our OX5RUN total. Our second bake sale was hosted at the end of May by Marketing Assistant, Vanessa Wilson, and added a further £110 to her skydive fundraising total.
- Bucket collection: A small team of people from across our Oxford offices manned a bucket collection at Sainsbury's on The Plain in East Oxford in May. They raised a total of £65 and had some interesting chats with people who have had direct experience with the Children's Hospital.
- Quiz: we held our first charity quiz last year and it has already become a firm favourite in the calendar. This year we had 13 teams taking part in the quiz and we had a fantastic raffle, with prizes generously donated from our friends in Summertown, including Tesco, Majestic Wine, Cannelle Medispa and many other retailers. We are delighted to have raised £1,063.10 from this event and are all looking forward to the next quiz night already.
- Skydive: the more fearless team members have signed up for the Great Horton Skydive and have been busy gaining support and donations from all their colleagues and friends and family. At the time of writing this they have raised an amazing £1116.46.
Victoria Lyall, Senior Marketing Manager of Finders Keepers, said: "It has really been wonderful to see how enthusiastic everyone has been about fundraising for the Children's Hospital. We are only halfway through the year and have already raised an impressive £6,153.56. The skydive and half marathon will be truly impressive achievements, but not everyone feels able (or brave enough!) to sign up for those and so it has been really nice that we've had a range of activities and events which have involved many different team members."