Customer Notice - Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Access our FAQs and more news updates using the menu on the left
5th January 2021
Following the Government announcement that England is entering a new national lockdown, we are pleased to read that the housing market can remain open for this period. This is welcome news and we will continue to carefully review our processes to ensure that we play our part in reducing the virus spread whilst helping our clients and customers.
Some of our processes are:
- Only allowing customers and clients to visit offices by prior appointment
- When visiting an office, both staff and customer/client to wear a face covering
- Advising applicants to watch video tours before booking a physical viewing
- Physical viewings only carried out by appointment, with all parties wearing PPE, and limited to two applicants from the same household
- Continue with inspections; where tenants refuse access we explore alternatives, such a video calls
- Check-outs carried out 72 hours after the property has been vacated
- Working from home where possible; otherwise operating A/B teams to staff the offices
Visits to your property
We will make tenants aware of any planned visits in accordance with the tenancy agreement. However, we ask that you make us aware if you are shielding or if you are displaying any symptoms of coronavirus (reiterated below) so that we can cancel the appointment.
Our processes for in-person appointments can be found using the menu on the left.
As per the NHS website, the main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are a high temperature; a new, continuous cough; loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.
- High temperature: this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- New, continuous cough: this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- Loss or change to your sense of smell or taste: this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal